Overwhelmed

Well, I must say that things are not going as I had hoped. Most people are quick to leave comments and voice their opinions. Yet, I'm not getting the feedback that I was hoping for. To all of you who continue to read this daily: Thank You! You are what gets me through the days.

Today, however, there are no new random thoughts sulking through my brain. There are so many things tumbling over themselves inside there, but truthfully none of them make any sense at this moment. Right now I must say I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and a bit dissatisfied with how everything is going at the moment. 

On one hand I am feeling content knowing that I finally got my book published and writing this blog keeps me some what sane. On the other I am left in complete misery. Yes my book is published, but promoting it is a whole other horse altogether. All my extra money is going on christmas like most families at this time and the time that it needs put into it is wearing me thin. I'm about ready to say; ok it is published be happy with that and if people buy it yah, if not oh well. 

Another subject is starting Approaching Fate completely over. I realized that it needs to be redone from the start with a whole new beginning. I am giving it a face lift and charging at it full speed if I am ever allowed. I sat at the computer for one hour last night trying to write just the beginning chapter and possible a preface. That's right, sat and got interrupted a thousand times. I probably only got one paragraph if that written. Did the same thing the night before when a pregnant cat jumped on my lap wanting to be loved and at the same time the dog wanted nothing more than to play... I didn't get anything thing done this weekend with everything else that needed done around the house. I did however get my bathroom completely drywalled, mudded and the first coat of paint put on... that in itself is an achievement I guess. I just wish there was more time that I could write. 



And just as I thought I could go home, sit in front of my computer and put all my thoughts down... I get a list of things that I have to do. Something tells me I won't be able to sit down until 10 pm tonight and that is if I'm lucky. Not only to I have to work till 5 then I have to pick up my daughter, go to the store, go home; cook supper, do laundry (cuz the dog doesn't realize that my son's bed is not his), fix my son's door (so the dog will realize that my son's bed is not his), clean the living room, do the dishes, shower, and by then it will no doubt be too late to get anything typed... oh well... another day perhaps.

Comments

  1. Greetings once again my friend. I certainly understand your statement of being overwhelmed. Yet keep this thought in mind for your personal comfort. "God gives us nothing that we cannot handle." Though things seem hectic and scattered about, try viewing without human understanding and glimpse into what the Lord is preparing you for... I certainly understand it's tough yet, I have faith that God has a beautiful plan for you and your talent with writing. "See through those hectic and dark scattered clouds, your light is beyond the horizon. Stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the inspiration. Life is hectic no matter which way we look, but to see the sun shining through the clouds is hope enough for anyone. I'm sure the clouds will eventually back away allowing me to see the full scene ahead of me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vagabond... By Marcus Monroe: Update from Dogs at the Supermarket

Rewards