'Now or Never' by Dope

Wow, when you plan a deadline for yourself and it never goes according to plan. 

Last weekend I had planned to finish Apollo's Light. A story that I have loved from when it implanted itself into my brain. I have brutalized myself over the creation of this story since the beginning, just because I love it so much that it must be perfect. I refuse to rush myself to end it for fear that it may not become the end that I wish to share with the world. It has to be perfect for me. I know deep down this story is one of brilliance, but as I come near the end... I am so sad to see it end.  
After trying to finish it last week, I had run into some issues thus my comment on facebook: 
"You have prophesied how this ends, but we both know that you have not been fortunate enough to see what will transpire."-
When your MC tells you the problem behind your writing... last line written for the day.

I knew exactly how I wanted to end the story, but getting to the task was rather a difficult one... Figuring out everything that happens in between. Now I have gotten through the main climax of the story line. Now headed downwards in completing the final chapter I have found myself throwing out the original ending that I had wanted. 
The ending is in my mind, and the words are flying through my fingers just as fast as I can type, except I am being distracted. When your mind becomes thrown in five ways at once, the one you were most concerned about seems to be misplaced as you deal with the problems at hand. Such I am writing about falling into the bottomless pit (spoiler-oops) yet I am being told about tires, or the tv starts blaring in the background with outrageous laughter spilled through the room. I am supposed to be paying attention to everything that is going on around me, including the sauerkraut and hot dogs cooking, while creating this world inside of my mind. I am supposed to bring this all to life on page, and it is right there on my fingertips... It is just a tad frustrating at moments, especially when I am so near to the end. I just can't seem to write fast enough not to be distracted... 

Just in the last two days, I had tried to dismiss everything going on around me and put all my effort into ending this story knowing full well that this week I will not have the time to write. After writing over 10,000 words I have yet to finish it. I feel accomplished with what I have got done, but I want it done. I want to feel the success of having it done while on the other hand I think I'm fighting against myself because I don't want the story to end. I love the characters so much that I fear it may hurt to say goodbye to them for once and all. Yes, there is a possibly of creating another book, but with the ending of this one so final, I'm not sure. Perhaps I will eventually continue it, but I love it as it is. 

Have a great day to all of those who read this... Maybe, just maybe I can put in the last touch on Apollo's Light and get it out to all of you! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overwhelmed

Vagabond... By Marcus Monroe: Update from Dogs at the Supermarket

Just A Kiss