Get Inside by Stone Sour

There are times where I run these random thoughts through my mind, literally writing it word for word. When the time comes that I sit down at the computer to copy and paste these thoughts, it never comes out the same. The basic idea is still there, most of the story is there, but my random thoughts begin taking on a life of their own as soon as they reach the paper or screen. 

I take all of these ideas the whirlwind around my mind, start writing, and then those random thoughts have random thoughts of their own. So I must warn all of you, when I begin writing I do have an ending in mind, although it never truly ends the way I had thought. Then there are times where I will end it just like in my thoughts, but I never stop writing. I continue until I feel that everything is out in the open.

So just when you think that it is the end, it truly isn't the end. These thoughts wonder through my mind, even after I have written them down. I sit, quite frequently, and ponder about everything that I have written in the past or things that I will write in the future. There are times that I want to think about things more important, (like my books) however random thoughts pop right inside my mind refusing to allow me to write what I truly want to write.

Since I had discovered that Apollo's Light may perhaps need another ending, I tried and tried to get thoughts on it from within myself to my own dismay- absolutely nothing. Then like a lightning bolt striking me everything just came together for Approaching Fate. I sat for days on end discovering ever minuscule detail for the final copy to be written. Once everything was laid out in front of me, right there, all of it. The whole story, everyone's back story, every single character (even the ones who don't show up until the second and third books). I wrote down all the spells and powers, how they are affected. I literally built a small world on my own in (actually 7 or so years) just a couple days (that is how long to write it all down, other than the rough draft copies that took the seven or so years). 

All of these ideas spewed forth, causing me to overload on the entire story. I felt almost relieved having everything finally. I knew it (or so I thought) from beginning to end, except now when I sit down to try to write the story itself- absolutely nothing... again. I lay there at night (best time for ideas) trying to fall asleep, I run everything through my mind over and over again, with the same result- absolutely nothing. I have this entire story wrapped up inside a little ball in my mind. I want to explode it onto the computer screen, place it on paper, and force people to read this wonder creating world that Ashley unsuspectingly enters into. 

I have no beginning. I cannot find it within myself to even figure out where this or how this all starts. I have the main idea. I have the details. I have everything I need, but I can't find the words within myself to start this world. Everything is right there sitting inside of me, but it will not release. I am not going to be discouraged by this. 

This, for those of you who don't understand, is not writers block. I can write it. I can start writing, but then I just hit this wall when I realize that I could do better. I want to reach out to the reader, grab them, and pull them inside of Ashley's world. I know what I am writing can be better. So as I journey into this world I know, this world that I love, please bear with me for the creation of something memorizing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overwhelmed

Vagabond... By Marcus Monroe: Update from Dogs at the Supermarket

Just A Kiss