Me Inside by Slipknot

Listening to music is one of the most effective ways to release emotions. Whether it be sadness, happiness, energy, bitterness, anger, frustration, music is an extension of those feelings. 

For those of you who don't know me personally, music is one of the greatest loves of my life. I don't think that I would have survived living this long without it. 

Music is not just music to me. Other people claim that they do not listen to or care for music and I am left with my jaw dropped to the floor. Music to me is a whole other realm to traverse inside of. No matter what I place inside my speakers to blare out into the world, it sucks me inside of it. Whatever genre may play I jump inside without hesitation. Diving into the notes that run rampant through my brain I find the harmony. It is one of the most beautiful creations that was ever made.

Unable to play music myself I find an appreciation for all those that create my other world that blows my mind. So many times I have tried to recreate the emotions that blast into my mind, but I can never do it any justice. 

Songs themselves dig into me, driving me into a different part of my mind. It opens up something inside of me releasing emotions that were buried deep. If it were possible, I would listen to music for twenty four hours a day. 

The strings, the drums, the rhythm, the harmony pulls me inside of myself. I can close my eyes and open my mind into something new with each song, even if it is one that I have listened to a thousand times. One song can take me into a thousand different places at once creating such a beautiful chaos inside my mind that no one would dare to venture except me. I love the beauty of what seems to be a hundred different sounds blasting into me, yet it creates one clear sound. 

Each instrument has its own reverberation souring into thin air, then another, and another. Adding them all together in one split moment creates something with just one note played. Then carefully adding more and more until several notes come together for just a few seconds of music. Piece by piece a song is created through those notes. But the true beauty of it is when it is all placed together.

Lyrics are a basic part of music, but they are not the real music. They are placed on top to enhance the notes that are being released into my mind, but there are times that I don't listen to them. The music itself is what draws me in and hooks into my soul. If a singer is good enough their voice becomes one with the music. If the lyrics are good enough to grab you, scream in your face, enhancing the overall effect of the music, you have truly found something beyond transcendental. Those out there that can overcome such a feat have reached divinity. Which there are not many out there who can do this, only a select few.
For those that can do this, the lyrics do not mean anything, yet the voice becomes a part of the song. The emotion leaks through allowing the words to eat inside your soul consuming everything within its path. Without realizing it, you are singing along with no idea what the words are, but feeling them inside of you instead. That is true accession. 


A song inside my mind is exquisite chaos alive through each note played. Music is my drug.


The song that drove me into writing this: (With tears in my eyes, the emotion echoes throughout my soul. Even for those who don't know the story behind this song can feel the desolation that it causes to course through your heart.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixNBdB2YfUc








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overwhelmed

Vagabond... By Marcus Monroe: Update from Dogs at the Supermarket

Just A Kiss