Deaf Voices

Not too many random thoughts going through my mind at this moment or today rather. I did post some time back that I wished to speak about deaf voices. Granted I could do research on this and find out my answers. Instead I would rather just think about it randomly (although I do love research).

My daughter got me stuck on this show Switched at Birth. There are some issues in the show that I don't agree with, but I love the fact that it more or less shows the world about issues facing those who are handicapped. The one girl is deaf and it shows her struggles as well as her friends and family. One episode was completely done using ASL (American Sign Language). I learned some while in school, but it really made me think... Everyone at some point in their life should learn ASL or some of it.

What really made me curious was (I'm not sure about the rest of you) the fact that when I think, I think with a singular voice inside my mind. I'm not exactly sure what voice it is, if it is my own or just a random voice, but that is how my thoughts work. I hear the voice as it is my thoughts or rather my thoughts are there in a voice. How is it for deaf people? Do they hear their thoughts as though they were speaking them with their own voice? I don't want to cause any kind of offense to anyone, just plain curious.

What does everyone else think? or rather: How does everyone else think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overwhelmed

Vagabond... By Marcus Monroe: Update from Dogs at the Supermarket

Just A Kiss